Using Facebook for Business
Blog Title: Facebook from my Business veiwpoint
Author: Calvin Dorman
9 October 2010
Business people have been meeting and exchanging business cards (and business ideas) for many decades…..
Usually taking the form of a business breakfast. Well, I think Facebook is an extention of that concept of interacting with like-minded people. Would you agree? (leave a comment).
Facebook (social media: including Twitter, YouTube etc) works best when integrated with my business website where the full content can be stored on a page.
Example: I have a page on my site (which has a facebook “I LIKE “ link and an RSS FEED) which has all the detailed info I want to share this week to my business club (ie interest/network group) including photos and video clips.
Then, on my Facebook Wall and my photos, blog, notes, video tabs………. I post snippets/comments about my website page and share it as well as tag it to my business club- known in facebook terms as: my community; my group; my network members or simply, my fans.
My network group of eg 100 people can now view my post from their feed when they log onto their facebook home-page. Now the opportunity arises for them to :
- Go to my website , and get the full content details
- Interact with me by leaving a comment
- Pass this helpful or interesting info on to their own network groups
- Useful, valuable information is shared
- Greater awareness of that page on my website as well as the opportunity to browse the entire site.
- Opportunity to grow my facebook network eg. A 120 friends after the page was posted.
- Can share info quickly to a large number of people.
- Can get feedback and connect with people on a one-to-one basis.
- Good for SEO: higher google ranking due to good content and good back links.
My THREE GOLDEN Rules:
- Do not spam.
- Keep in touch on a regular basis eg. Do not miss a week.
- Be authentic – be the real you, put a voice to your knowledge: create a network circle of trust (which could become influencial)
- Social media
- Full content (all the details)
- My network group (business club)
- Facebook Wall, Share, Comment, Tag, Fee , I like it
- Feedback (connecting with people)
For Calvin's ARCHIVED Articles > CLICK HERE